Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call routing for small office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hood, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hood

Hi Guru's

I've got a small site that I need what seems fairly basic call flow routing, but it is causing me a few problems.

What we want is for all inbound calls to follow the same path:

* All calls come to one receptionist

* If receptionist is on the phone, or doesn't answer, calls overflow to a hunt group that contains all phones (including the receptionist), straight away.

The issue is if the receptionist is on the phone and misses the call and it overflows to the all phone hunt group, and she hangs up, her phone doesn't ring and she cannot easily pick it up

I've tried playing with the "Accept Multiple Calls" under forwarding rules for the Receptionist and set the ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP = 1.

This enabled the receptionist phone to ring on the 2nd line when the calls overflowed to the all phone hunt group, but it also caused the initial inbound call to ring on the receptionist's 2nd line first before fowarding to the all phone hunt group that we don't want.

Does anyone have an idea on how to achieve what the client is looking for? I've tried a few combos now and just cannot crack the combination.

Thanks

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @hood

With your current configuration, if the receptionist is using the windows or web client he/she can pick up the call from the dashboard by right clicking the call. If from an ip phone then pickup can be done by dialing *20*

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

While at the 3CX training class in Florida last September, we had a very long (sometimes energetic) conversation about the setting ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP. The discussion ended with 3CX saying this is a test setting that should NEVER be used because it creates other problems in the PBX. I personally have used this setting for years, but it is also possible that this created occasional issues and I just didn't realize it was the result of modifying this setting. 3CX support will instruct you to set the value back to zero.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Rather than have two keys, on the receptionist set, with the same extension number, assign the second key a different extension number that is a member of the ring group. It should then only ring when the ring group receives a call

5. hood

Thanks for all the feedback.

My 2nd line of thought was to create a 2nd extension on the system that is a member of the all users hunt group, and have that registered on the handset as line 2. I think this is what leejor was suggesting.

Now to work out how to configure a 2nd extension on the 2nd line of a Yealink T42G :)

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.