• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call routing / ring back display info

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZabudske

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello.

I am trying to change the displayed information when a call is routed back to the receptionist. Currently if a call comes in and the receptionist answers (Yealink T46S with extension 100) and transfers it to an extension (in this example we will use extension 123), if no one answers it rings back to the receptionist. I would like the call coming back from the receptionist to display something like "123 (External caller)" so the receptionist knows the external caller was calling for Bob Smith at extension 123 and can say something like "Im sorry Bob Smith isnt available would you like his VM?" instead of having to ask "who where you trying to reach again?"

Hello @MrZabudske

Please note that the caller ID seen by the receptionist is the caller ID of the original caller and as this is the default behaviour of the PBX cannot be changed currently.
I would recommend deploying the web client for the receptionist so the calls can be monitored through the switchboard.
Alternatively you could post your idea on https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.