Call Screening

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Bob

Bob

Hi,

Can 3CX allow the client to screen their calls as they are being recorded to VoiceMail?

Thanks!

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The voice mail feature at 3CX box almost full function for free version except MWI.

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

You can see the caller ID if that's what you're looking for. The voicemail can be set to announce the caller ID before it's played back to you. Also gives you full details if you set it to go to email as well - date, caller id and how long the message is.

Nice to see someone else from CT on here! If you haven't tried the system and/or want to see a demo of it let me know.

4. Bob

Bob

Hi Rob,

I have downloaded the free version of the system after I found a web add at http://www.msexchange.org

Actually, I'm not getting the CallerID to work either, but that is not what I'm talking about. (By CallerID, I mean extention to extention calling only displays the extention number calling you; not their name). I don't have a working outside line yet to see if that CallerID works or not.

By Call Screening, I mean the feature that is found on most home phone answering machines. The ability to listen to the voice message as it is being recorded, thus giving the listener the opportunity to intercept and answer the call. i.e. if you hear a VM being left from some telesales outfit, your probably not going to answer it!

p.s. I've also found the feature on Panasonic's Key System Unit (KSU) model KX-TA624 Hybrid Phone System. If such a feature is in this entry level KSU, I would hope it be available in 3CX's PBX emulator too.

Looks like another nice day in CT. What county are you in? (Monroe is in eastern Ffld Cty - north of Trumbull).

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

on extension configuration screen:

Other options>>>
    specify "Outbound caller ID"

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I'm in Haddam - right below Middletown.
    I have to check out the Outbound Caller ID too.

7. Bob

Bob

Hi Sy,

I can not see this field described in the manual and therefore I don't know what the valid characters are.

i.e. are spaces allowed? which special characters are allowed? how long can the field be? case sensitive?

thanks!

8. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

It allow space, _,A-Z,a-z and 0-9
    Max 50 characters
    Special characters are not allowed such as !@#$%^&*()+-=[]{};'"?/.><