• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Federico Moschini

Free User
Reaction score
Dear All,

Could you please explain me in detail how to use this function?

I make an IVR demo, digit 0, when digit 0 call my extension.
No screening even if on my extension I select the call screening (see screenshot please).

upload_2017-1-6_12-29-22.png

Thank you all,
Federico

Dear Federico,

To use the screening function you need to enable Announce Caller(Rebound) on Forwarding Rules tab on any extension that you need to enable. Example on how that function works. Caller calls to a number extension which is forwarded to mobile directly. If you have the Announce Caller(Rebound) un-selected the call would be forwarded to mobile and the system will not announce the caller number, else If you select this option the system will announce the caller number. If you need to ask for name of the caller then you have this option the Screening Call to announce the name and caller number. So to use this option "Screen Calls by requesting caller name using an IVR" you need to do forwarding rules on extension with Announce Caller(Rebound).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.