Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call screening

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Federico Moschini, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Federico Moschini

Dear All,

Could you please explain me in detail how to use this function?

I make an IVR demo, digit 0, when digit 0 call my extension.
    No screening even if on my extension I select the call screening (see screenshot please).

upload_2017-1-6_12-29-22.png

Thank you all,
    Federico

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear Federico,

To use the screening function you need to enable Announce Caller(Rebound) on Forwarding Rules tab on any extension that you need to enable. Example on how that function works. Caller calls to a number extension which is forwarded to mobile directly. If you have the Announce Caller(Rebound) un-selected the call would be forwarded to mobile and the system will not announce the caller number, else If you select this option the system will announce the caller number. If you need to ask for name of the caller then you have this option the Screening Call to announce the name and caller number. So to use this option "Screen Calls by requesting caller name using an IVR" you need to do forwarding rules on extension with Announce Caller(Rebound).

#2 GiannosC_3CX, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.