call session between extensions terminated after 30 seconds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reden, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reden

hi..i'm a newbie here..i'm using the 3CXPhoneSystem31 free edition..
    i was able to register 3 units of grandstream BT200 IPPhones to it, but everytime i make a call from
    any extension to another, the call was being cut-off after 30 to 32 seconds :shock: ..
    i look at the server status to see the logs, but it just stated there that the
    Ext.100 (the caller) hung up call, cause: unknown :cry:
    what could be the cause of this? anyone who have much experiences and knowledge on this matter,
    please help me with this :oops: ..thanks and godbless..

2. Halea

Halea New Member

First check your wiring. Ensure that you don't have some loose connections (half-way broken RJ45 connectors, loose crimping, etc)
    Then reset your network switch just for the kicks of it. This kind of problem is most likely from your hardware.
    If the problem occurs when you call on either hand-set, most likely the phone sets are not at fault. If it only occurs on one, swap the physical connections and see if the problem follows the phone, in which case the phone settings might need more investigation. I don't believe that there is a call duration setting on BT200, but you will have to check that. If the problem follows the line rather than the set, then most likely it's a wiring or network switch problem.
    If the call drops always exactly at a certain duration into the call, there may be some sort of call duration limitation on your phone, although I never say something like that on any of my phones (I have BT120, not BT200).
    Halea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.