Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call status

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by ip19, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ip19

Hi,
    I am writing a VAD project for a support center that in the night time want to divert the support calls to the user only if the custumer is recognised and have a valid contract.
    All the VAD project works fine, from the Caller ID or from a PIN i can recognize the custumer and evaluate if it have a valid contract or not and if it's ok it transfer the call to the cellular phone of the night reperible user.

The problem is that I can't have a controll of the tranfered call, so I dont't know if the call is correctly sent to the night operator or if it was non reperible for example becouse the cellular phone was powered down.. after the call transfer is made, the VAD goes anytime to DISCONNECT HANDLER FLOW and i can't decide for exaple to trasfer to a second emergency number if the first call transfer was not good.

Do you have any ideas?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

From the VAD using standard components you can only make a blind transfer, so you don't have any feedback about the transfer result.

If you really need to be sure that the call is transferred, the only option I see is creating a DLL and use the following API inside:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Your new DLL could be triggered from the VAD with an External Code Execution component, and from there you can take control of the call. You will need to pass the callid to the DLL, so it knows which call to transfer.

The API is not very well documented and it requires some advanced programming knowledge.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I just made a post about this, so I'm repeating myself. But the problem here is that the CAll ID which the VAD uses is not the same one that you get in the Call Control API.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ip19

Hi,
    I'm tryng to log the call time before the transfer and after the line release into the db to have an indication if the call was correctly divert to the cell phone (>30 sec) or not (<30sec) and then try to launch a call or an email warning to the second technical guy

I will update you :)

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Code:
        <transfer name="op_tr" destexpr="...destination of transfer..."
    				  bridge="ignored. always false (means blind transfer)" transferaudioexpr="...it is stub... transfer music is under PBX control">
          <filled>
            <!--do everything you want-->
            <if cond="op_tr == 'busy'">
            </if>
            <if cond="op_tr == 'noanswer'">
            </if>
          </filled>
          <catch event="error.transfer">
          </catch>
        </transfer>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.