Call Timeout v14

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by microage, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. microage

Hi all, was hoping someone could help. I've noticed on some of my clients phones system that are at v14 that there seems to be a global timeout of 60 seconds for a call. I've got customers that have ring group and vm timeouts of 600 seconds but they seem to be timing out at 60 seconds. Tested the same config on a v12 customer and no problem.

I did see that if I change CALL_TRANSFER_TRACKING_TIME to longer then it doesnt seem to timeout until the time is hit. Doesn't make any sense though. Can anyone shed some light on why if I set a VM timeout or Ring Group timeout to a really high time it doesnt seem to take effect?

Basically the customer doesnt want it to ever go into vm but just keep ringing.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I seem to recall that some deksphones have their own cut off timeout which is irrelevant from the 3CX Phone System, they just reject the call after that period of time. The 3CXPhone app does not have this, so for troubleshooting this, initially I would recommend using the 3CXPhone app only.

Try turning on Verbose logging from the Troubleshooting -> Activity Log -> "Logging" button, then make a call that goes to VMail and then check back to the Activity Log and see what happened in that call.

Try copy-pasting the Activity Log here and we can have a look if you want (blank out any sensitive information, but leave enough for us to understand what is going on).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.