call to alphanumeric skype contacts from android 3cx phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by elios115, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elios115

here is the way i am using to call my alphanumeric skype contacts from my android 3cx phone using outbound rules:
    im creating for each user an outbound rule with a single digit prefix,1 strip digits and the skype contact id in the prependkey.
    example if i want to call skypeuser1 contact
    i ll create an outbound rule .
    prefix will be 1
    strip digit is 1
    prependkey=skypeuser1

once i push 1 and dial on my 3cx android phone, the outbound rule will be activated strip the first digit which is 1 add the prepend key which is the skypeuser1 therefore i ll be calling this specific skype ID.
    im doing this with prefix 2 for another user, 3 for .....

it even works great with the extension. if i call the extension 101, the outbound rule with prefix 1 will not be rounting my call which is great!!

is there any other better way for calling alphanumeric skype contacts from 3cx android phone(which is not capable of calling alphanumeric)?

i read about BLF speed dials but i never got the idea!! does it work with 3cx android phone?if yes how to set it up?
    and is there any way to know which skype contact is online through the 3cx softphone for android?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: call to alphanumeric skype contacts from android 3cx pho

I resorted to the same thing but using 3 digit "speed dial" numbers. This allows for up to 100 Skype (or other) users if you only used a single first digit. 100 to 199. If you require more add 200 to 299 or increase to four digits long.

I use this method for speed calling "regular' numbers, so adding Skype calls was simple, just another outbound rule.

3. elios115

yep this is good!! in fact my skype contacts that i need to call regularly are not more den 10 dats y i used a single digit.thx for d advice.
    is there any way to know which of your contact are online or anythin like dat?
    what about blf?how to use the with 3cx android softphone?any idea? :p
    im just a beginner in here

regards,

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

No, the 3CX gateway only passes dialling/ringing info and audio. Any Skype user status, and such, would require you to use the PC.

You mean a local set BLF, showing the status of your Android phone extension?

5. elios115

i mean the blf that u have an option the set in the phone system extension properties.
    how to use it with android phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.