Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

call to busy extension - option to hold or press 1 for vm.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danimal, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danimal

Hi all,
    My present inbound call flow is quite simple. I have only two extensions. Callers are greeted with the DR (digital receptionist)...press 1 for this dept, and 2 for that dept, ...and those calls get routed to appropriate extensions, with no problems there.

My partner likes to give out his direct extension to clients. So if a caller bypasses the DR and dials his extension, if the extension is busy, or not answering, instead of forwarding to voicemail we want to do the following: It will keep ringing, then after perhaps 20 seconds we want to play a message that says if you'd like to leave a voicemail for Mike, press 1, otherwise please hold while we try his extension.

I don't know how to do this. Thanks!

2. danimal

Got it, that makes sense! It didn't occur to me to use more than one DR. Thanks I'll give it a shot.

3. danimal

So I set this up and I'm having an issue with the DR...when i hit 1 it does not go to voicemail.

I setup a DR for each extension. For the DR for user Mike, I chose Key 1 to transfer to his extensions voicemail. And under his extension setup, under forwarding rules for external calls, I have set it as pictured in the image. When testing the DR kicks in after the time out that says hold while we try the extension or press 1 for voicemail, but pressing 1 does not send the call to voicemail, as I thought it would. Confused.

Attached Files:

• ss2.JPG
      ss2.JPG
      File size:
      26.9 KB
      Views:
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity Log, after a call, to see why the call is going where it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.