call to busy extension - option to hold or press 1 for vm.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danimal, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danimal

Hi all,
    My present inbound call flow is quite simple. I have only two extensions. Callers are greeted with the DR (digital receptionist)...press 1 for this dept, and 2 for that dept, ...and those calls get routed to appropriate extensions, with no problems there.

My partner likes to give out his direct extension to clients. So if a caller bypasses the DR and dials his extension, if the extension is busy, or not answering, instead of forwarding to voicemail we want to do the following: It will keep ringing, then after perhaps 20 seconds we want to play a message that says if you'd like to leave a voicemail for Mike, press 1, otherwise please hold while we try his extension.

I don't know how to do this. Thanks!

2. danimal

Got it, that makes sense! It didn't occur to me to use more than one DR. Thanks I'll give it a shot.

3. danimal

So I set this up and I'm having an issue with the DR...when i hit 1 it does not go to voicemail.

I setup a DR for each extension. For the DR for user Mike, I chose Key 1 to transfer to his extensions voicemail. And under his extension setup, under forwarding rules for external calls, I have set it as pictured in the image. When testing the DR kicks in after the time out that says hold while we try the extension or press 1 for voicemail, but pressing 1 does not send the call to voicemail, as I thought it would. Confused.

Attached Files:

• ss2.JPG
      ss2.JPG
      File size:
      26.9 KB
      Views:
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity Log, after a call, to see why the call is going where it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.