• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call to external extention - no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axence

Reaction score
I have the following problem:

- 3cx server is setup at the office - latest version, router is Linksys WRV200 with all port mappings configured (firewall checker ok) and everything works ok. All calls - internal and external (incoming and outgoing) are ok.

- At home - I have Grandstream BT200 and Siemens C470IP, configured as extentions. My home router is Linksys WAG200G - I did't do any port forwards.

When I call any number (internal or external) from my home phone, everything works great. But when someone calls from the office (other extention) to my home phone, there is no audio both ways - nobody hears anything.

How to solve this problem?

Greg

Update: after enabling option "PBX delivers audio" Grandstream works, while Siemens still not. Any thoughts?
Greg

Axence

If you end up spending anytime searching the forum post’s... You will discover that this is a continuing challenge. The short of this is that you need to stick with what works for you. I use Grandstream products, yet this is just half of it, one also needs to choose the SOHO Router that works. I’ve had challenges with this that makes me scream aloud from the roof tops. You are looking for advice & my suggestion is to mimic/emulate what you got working with Grandstream & the Router that accompanies it.

Tazz

I start thinking that you are right.
I have purchased - according to 3CX support - Linksys WRV200 (upgraded to the latest firware) and I have real problems now. 3CX dos not get incoming phone calls most time, external phones cannot register most time. Interesting is that at start, it was quite ok, but "degraded" in about 2 days (without any configuration changes - router restart does not help). Can you recommend any router that will solve all of that?

I thought that I'll setup 3CX, some phones and will have a phone system in a few days. It looks like it's not so easy. I start wondering if it can be done at all. And if such system can be really reliable.

Greg

Hello,
try dmz for temp. time
if it solves all the problems
so you will have to work on port forward
do you use stun for external or not?

I Flashed dd-wrt to a Linksys WRT54GTM. Again stick with the Router that works with your Grandstream Config

Currently the Grandstream stopped to register at all. I added the phone IP to DMZ with no effect. Changed the phone to supported GXP2000. It didn't register. EyeBeam sometimes registers (sometimes timeouts), but with significant delay. It's getting worse and worse... And I don't change anything.

Actually both 3CX and phone are in DMZ and still the phone does not register with 3CX. What's the problem?
Greg

I've found the problem: it's a router, which cannot handle our office traffic. The traffic is not very high itself (10kB/s) , but it has many outgoing TCP requests per second. We are a producer of network monitoring solution and we test it generating so many connections. After I turned our program off, everything started to work (except the bloody Siemens phone, which still does not). Well, almost - GXP2000 works great, while BT200 has one way audio.

So we are back to the router thing: please recommend good router that can hadle high TCP rtaffic and VoIP. Possibly with the ability to connect 2 internet lines.

Greg

PS. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.