• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

"Call to outside number" works intern not extern

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompiedom

Reaction score
Hi there,

We are evaluating 3CX so far so good except for the following encountered problem.

Voipprovider: 12connect
Phones intern: Linksys SPA921, Siemens C470IP, X-Link softphones

Problem:
We aren't able to forward calls to an external number when a extension isn't available/busy/unregistered. The problem only occurs when we call from outside the network and works perfectly if we call inside.

Example:
Extension 100=forward all calls to cellphone

Works: Extension 101 -> calls to -> 100 -> call forwarded to cell -> cellphone rings etc.
Not working: Cellphone 1 -> Calls to voipnumber -> 100 is assigned to voipnumber -> call forwarded to cell -> X*
* The cellphone calling gets the message "The number you are dialing doesn't respond, try again later (original a dutch operator voice)

What we tried:
- Tried different prefix' (0031, 31, 0, +) in front of the telephone number. Intern it all works again, outside same operator message.
- Tried to put the external number in a ringgroup, its own extension, without any luck

I searched the forums and google but no solution or similar problem yet, I hope you can give me an insight where to look next.

Thanks,
Marco Bot

Marco,

I'm experiencing the same issue;
In v6 I was able to manage this issue. I found out it had to do something with the E.164 Number Prefixes within our Pattan 4554. The Patton is connected to 2x ISDN (also Dutch network).

If you skip the prefix '0' . Big disadvantge is that all incoming numbers are missing the first digit '0'
Like 0612345678 -> 612345678

The same workaround works for v7. But 'm not happy with this.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.