Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Transfer Disconnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by housejd, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. housejd

3CX Users,

In my current hardware based PBX, there is a feature which calls forwarded to external lines are disconnected from the local PSTN when picked up by the destination. This is a critical feature to keep if we switch to the 3CX product. Can anyone outline in technical detail what is happening to the local PSTN lines when an incoming call is forwarded externally.

Ex.
    Incoming call on "Line 1 (PSTN)"
    Auto-Attendant menu choice forwards call to "Outside Line (A)"
    3CX chooses "Line 2 (PSTN)" to place the outbound call
    "Outside Line (A)" answers the call from "Line 2 (PSTN)" and begins to speak.
    What is the final status of each Line 1 and Line 2 on the PSTN

With our existing system, Line 1 and 2 will both disconnect and the original caller and the final destination remain on the line with each other. This feature is typically called "Call Transfer Disconnect" but I can not find any mention of it in the 3CX documentation. Without this, for each forwarded external line, we tie up TWO inbound PSTN lines.

Does the equation change if we add a VOIP SIP Trunk to the mix? We are currently planning on just maintaining our PSTN lines.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
    Jason

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

to get help you have to descript more information and data
    what is your fxo device ?
    Does it happen on internal calls ?
    do you use firewall ?
    what is your firewall (XP - Norton - other) ?
    what is the sets of your network
    What is the specifictions of your pc ?
    are you set the PBX delivers audio ?
    are you use a Phone Client ?

3. housejd

Thanks for replying.

I have not implemented the 3CX system at all, but am considering it strongly. The only feature I can not confirm exists in the 3CX system is this "Call Transfer Disconnect".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.