Call Transfer dropping call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeSr, Feb 9, 2007.

1. MikeSr

My config GXW4104 , (6) GXP2000,
    Call transfer from extension to extension work properly.
    Call transfer outside call come in to an extension and then transfer from the recieveing extension to another the call is dropped but usually goes right to voice mail . Below is the server status message from this cccurance:
    16:14:58.093 StratLink::eek:nHangUp: Call(C:6): got Hang-Up from Ext.101
    16:14:52.000 StratTransfer::eek:nConnected: Call(C:6): transfer successful, Ln:10000@GXW4104 is connected to Ext.101
    16:14:47.890 StratLink::Transfer: Call(C:6) transfers Ln:10000@GXW4104 from Ext.100 to sip:101@192.168.1.99
    16:14:27.859 StratInOut::eek:nConnected: Call from Ln:10000@GXW4104 to Ext.100 is established

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mike Sr.

2. MikeSr

In light of your support document, http://www.3cx.com/support/gxw.html , is this why the call transfer drops?
    This feature just doesn't work. Is their a work around? We can't transfer calls to other extensions as a result. Please help.

3. MikeSr

More information. When trying the call transfer, very occationally 1 in 5 attempts, it will not drop the call, however the sound is very delayed and sounds very garbled (under water sounding) . Hope that helps.

4. kevin

kevin Member

The Grandstream will drop calls only in the case of an unanswered call. In the issue you have mentioned, the first leg of the call (first destination extension) completes successfully, so in SIP parlance the call is already in session, and therefore answered.

We have however managed to replicate your issue to some extent and we will be addressing it.

Thanks for reporting this and for the patience.

We will revert with more info as soon as possible.

Kevin AC

5. MikeSr

Further testing with call transfers has not changed. However, Call Confrencing does work! In an attemp to transfer calls I thought maybe I could confrence a call in and then disconnect. Well almost. The call confrance with the GXP2000 the GXW4104 and 3CX work just fine.
    So what is the issue with the call transfer?
    Everything about your software appeals to me. It was the easiest to use, the forum support is fantastic, and your competition does not even come close to your support. Iam eager to get this last bug worked out. Anything I can do to expedite the process?

Kindest Regards,
    Mike Sr.

6. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi Mike thanks for the shared enthusiasm!

We are sorry to hear about the inconviniece. Currently there is nothing you can do about it with the current build, though we have marked it down as an issue and we are hoping we can get it solved (probably will) before the next build we upload online. I can't give you a date when that will happen but a quick look at our build history can suggest it's pretty soon.

7. MikeSr

Since I am not well versed in the science of telephony, I conducted an experiment. But first let me reveal a few more facts.
    1 Our four PTSN line comming into our business are realy a T1 line to a router of sorts, with a ouput cable that provides the PTSN lines.
    2 My home phone line is the conventional connection expected .

I brought the PBX server home, The GXW4104 and two GXP2000 phones.

Guess what, the call transfer works almost perfectly. At least the originating call can be transfered to a second extenstion. It didnot matter which direction the call was made. So..... I have a configuration fault in the GXW4104. I just don't know what change needs to be made to become compliant with the differance in the lines at home (succesful ) and the Office lines (T1 with break out, Un succesful).

When I say almost perfectly. This is what I found,
    Outside call comes in to ext 120.
    Ext 120 Transfers the call to Ext 110.
    Success.
    Ext 110 wants to transfer the call back to Ext 120.
    The Status screen (3cx line and ext status) show the transfer.
    but indeed it failed.
    I will work on this as it may be the Transfer method.
    I will post again when I learn more.
    Until then , hope to hear about the correct GXW4104 configuration if possible.

Kind Regards,
    Mike Sr.

8. MikeSr

Further testing shows an isolated network will permit one line to call transfer. But the transfer from the first extension to the second keeps the first extnsion on hold.
    In other words, if you transfer the call from the second extenion back to the first. Your done. In my case if the ext is busy then goto voice mail. It does just that.
    If the second ext try's to transfer to a third ext . Maybe it works and sometimes the caller is left on hold indefinately.
    It is not the physical phone line , It is not the network ( as I thought originally).
    Hope to hear a responce from 3cx soon. Running out of time working with this product. I am now trying a few others.

Kind Regards,