Call Transfer from receptionist console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisPriest, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisPriest

Hi All,

We are currently deploying our system company wide and are doing a few tests to ensure everything is as it should be.

We are using Aastra 57i handsets and the reception has one of these with 2 expansion modules attached, the BLF's are configured as Transfer keys as well, when she transfers a call through to an idle phone, this works as expected, however if the extension is busy, when she tries to transfer it reports transfer failed and the call is returned to her.

The extension is configured to go to voicemail when busy, so I would have expected the call to be transferred into the extensions voicemail box.

Am I going bonkers and missing something? :)

Best Regards
    Chris

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Chris,

Does it work as expected if you transfer the call using phone buttons (not BLF extension button)?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChrisPriest

Hi Sy,

Yes, if she presses Xfer <ext> Xfer, the call is transferred to voice mail if the extension is busy.

Best Regards
    Chris

4. comresource

comresource Member

Can you post the section from the phone config related to the Speedial/Xfer button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ChrisPriest

Hi,

This is just the config for the blf button for my extension on her expansion module:

expmod1 key3 type: blfxfer
    expmod1 key3 label: "C Priest"
    expmod1 key3 value: 5426

Is this what you meant?

Best Regards
    Chris

6. comresource

comresource Member

Yes, thanks. I wanted to test using the exact config. It works on my expansion module as it should. If line is busy...and extension is set to Use PBX Status, when I hit the BLF/Xfer button it went straight to voicemail. One thing to keep in mind.. You say you are using 2X Aastra side cars which adds up to 120 configurable buttons. Aastra has a limit of 50 for BLF configured buttons, I am not sure what happens if you configure more that that.

7. ChrisPriest

Hi comresource,

Yeah, I was aware of that, I think currently we only have about 45 BLF's displayed, two modules were used so the BLF's could all be seen on one page.

I have my extension set to use PBX status, oddly (or perhaps not) if I set it to use phone status, then the transfer works and the call appears on Line 2, giving me the option to accept or ignore it, if I ignore it, it get's dumped off to voicemail.

I'll continue to investigate and try and find out what's happening from the logs.

Cheers for the input tho :)

Chris

8. ChrisPriest

Ok, go figure.

We just tried it again this morning and it works as expected......*beats head against wall* lol

Oh well, at least it does what I expect it to do.

Thanks again for the input guys.

Cheers
    Chris

9. Elis

please I need help, How do I transfer from the SPA-3102 when I'm talking on the phone, with * 9 does not work
    regards

10. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Use flash hook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.