Call Transfer issues PolyCom VVX 400

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Heath, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath New Member

I have. PolyCom VVX-400 a supported legacy phone. Got it up and running and working fine. Issue is I can't transfer calls to other extentions. My extentions are 3 digits and after I put in 2 digits it won't let me put in a 3rd and then I get something call not valid. Could this be a setting issue in the WebGui. I looked and there and in the management portal and couldn't find anything. All other phones are fine. My PBX is hosted on OVX and I use SBC to connect to the PBX

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

This is usually attributable to the dial plan in the phone. As the dial string is input into the phone and not sent to 3CX until such time as you ask the phone to execute/send/dial, it is not 3CX giving the error as the string was never sent. Is this aspect only found when trying to so a transfer and when not other digits can be added as needed? Was the phone provisioned by 3CX or manually? Is the phone updated with the approved firmware release?

3. Heath

Heath New Member

The transfer is the only issue. It is an approved legacy phone. It was provisioned manually. But was factory reset and I followed the instruction on the provisioning and downloaded the firmware from the 3cx site but when I copy and paste the provision link, it wouldn't automaticlty provision. So I had to put in the proxy, outgoing proxy register server and ports in manually along with the authentication info

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Since your server is on OVH you cannot auto-provision these phones since they are not supported for remote provisioning. Since you manually provisioned these phones make sure that they are on the supported firmware.

5. Heath

Heath New Member

I downloaded the firmware from 3cx website as per their provision directions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.