Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

call transfer on analog phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by theradioman, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theradioman

I have a gxw4008 with 8 analog phones connected. I am running ver9 sp1 and everything is working except I cannot figure out how to transfer a call to another extension. Everything I read talks about VOIP phones with a transfer button anybody know how to do it? thanks for any help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Usually, it is just a hook switch flash, second dial tone, dial number, then wait for party to answer, announce call and hang up. Once the call is ringing you may be able to just hang up, unannounced transfer. All of this can depend on the options of your particular ATA.

3. theradioman

This worked great thanks for the reply.

4. HJK

HJK

what do you have to do if you are using a wireless Siemens Gigaset analog (DECT) phone?
    on that phone we can't do a hook flash, we just have a green button for picking up a call and a red button to end the call

Hope someone can help us with that

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately 3CX does not provide any special Dial Codes for Transferring in such cases.
    The Handset it's self would have to support hook flash or have a transfer button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most , if not all, of the DECT phones I've come across recently do have a flash key (in North America) or a recall button (in Europe and other locations). It is sometimes shared with other keys not used when a call is in progress. I suppose that a few basic, or older models, may have omitted that feature.

7. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I have a CRM program connected to an analog line. I wanted to auto-dial the phone, then transfer the call to my desk phone. I found that the "!" can be used as a modem command to generate a hook-flash:

http://www.zoltrix.com/support_html/modem/USEMODEM.HTM

So I added a dial suffix to the CRM's auto-dial function to transfer the call through 3CX. A suffix of "!,20#!" transfers to extension 20.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.