• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call transfer on Gigaset A580 IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveY

Reaction score
Hello

I have just set up a Siemens Gigaset A580 IP and everything appears to be working OK except for call transfer. The 3CX has the latest version 8 and the A580 has also been updated to the latest firmware (02214). I have tried various combinations of options onthe 3CX and the A580, but always get the same result - I hear a click when I press the recall button but the call is not affected, i.e. I am still talking to the incoming caller.

Has anyone had any success getting call transfer to work with this phone?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi

Did you manage to find a solution for this problem?

As i am thinking about buying the Gigaset A580 IP Phones

Hi

No, not as yet, but I am still looking. For the moment I have connected the analogue port of the A580 to a Linksys PAP2T ATA which does support call transfer through the 3CX. A shame, because I really want to use multiple handsets with individual SIP accounts on the same base station.

Please let me know if you have any success.

Steve

sygnet said:
Hi

No, not as yet, but I am still looking. For the moment I have connected the analogue port of the A580 to a Linksys PAP2T ATA which does support call transfer through the 3CX. A shame, because I really want to use multiple handsets with individual SIP accounts on the same base station.

Please let me know if you have any success.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't think that the phone which is designed to make/receive calls from VoIP provider can do transfer but...
Have you tried this firmware? http://gigaset.com/hq/en/product/GIGASETA580IP.html?tab=downloads
Does it really implement transfers as specified in description?

Thanks

Hi Stepan

Thanks for spotting that. No I haven't tried that version yet. It looks like they may have been working on the call transfer function, so I will try it out next time I am on the client site. I will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Steve

Have you ever found a way to get an A580 IP to transfer call ?
Using R key or whatever else ?

Hi,
I have had call transfers working for some time with Gigaset cordless phones. However, I have just tested it and it does not work any more. Either the newer Gigaset firmware, or Version 9 has stopped it working. The Gigaset SIP stack has not kept up with recent developments of SIP. In particular the extensions to SIP that are used to transfer calls. One way around it is to use Call Assistant. The other is to get an upto date handset such as the Snom M9. I have no idea why Siemens Gigaset is so far behind. Perhaps the hardware is constraining them from adding the required extensions to their SIP stack.

I am not sure if that helps.

Richard Crabb

I tested more and more. Here is how call transfers work successfully using A580 IP. That is not fairly easy, so I would not recommend this device for professional usage.

1) Get in communication with one party.
2) Press Menu. Scroll to External Call and press OK. You get 'Enter Number:' prompt.
3) Dial the second party number and press green phone key.
(While in communication with the second party, you can alternate between each other using the up and down keys.)
4) Press the R key: the call gets transferred.

Any advances on how to get "call transfer"/ "call hold" working using R key?

thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.