• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call transfer with no transfer button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andriy

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Dear 3CX team.

I apologize for posting a n00b question. There have been various posts on this subject and have read most of the threads without finding the answers required. I am using Tigernetcom IP phones or regular home phones via SIP adapter.

One of the phone models I am testing is a cordless unit with no transfer or recall button. How would one transfer a call to another extension in this case?

Can I assign a combination of buttons for Transfer (for example *1 = blind transfer *2 = attended transfer)

Can anyone tell me what is actually happening in the background and how this may be solved?

If you are using an ATA with an analogue set (cordless or otherwise), then transfer will require the use of a "flash", whether that be a dedicated button on the phone, or "tapping" the hook switch. A blind transfer will usually require the use of a star code in addition, depending on the features, in the particular ATA.

If you are using an ATA with an analogue set (cordless or otherwise), then transfer will require the use of a "flash", whether that be a dedicated button on the phone, or "tapping" the hook switch. A blind transfer will usually require the use of a star code in addition, depending on the features, in the particular ATA.

Dear Leejor,

thank you for your reply. So I have to set the transfer button (for example *1#) at my ATA as opposed to setting this up in 3cx?

Your ATA probably has a set of star feature codes. These are codes that it will recognize, and act on, after you do a flash and get dialtone.

As an example, here is a link to the start codes used by Cisco..

https://www.voipmechanic.com/linksys-sipura-star-codes.htm

Most of these are pretty standardized star codes as used in North America. Some ATAs may allow you to change, or customize these, to be more in line with those used in your particular country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.