Call twinning

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Laszlo Molnar, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laszlo Molnar

Hi, please help us.
    The Avaya IP Office has a very nice feature, this is the Mobile Twinning:
    - if there is an answered call for example on the deskphone but the client wants to leave the office, then he would like to move the active call from the deskphone to his mobile device. And the extra is in this that the deskphone and his mobile phone are same extensions. If comes a call these phones are ringing together. And this feauture works inversely, so if the client arrive his desk, he can move the call with one click from his mobile to his deskphone as well.
    Can we make this with 3CX as well? How does it work? Now we compete with Avaya, and the client want this funkction, so it is very important for us.
    Thanks a lot.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

To move the call from your desk phone to your mobile 3CX phone, put the call on park, then pick it up from your mobile. Or you can transfer the call to your mobile number. That's the best I can come up with. Are there other ideas out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laszlo Molnar likes this.
  3. Laszlo Molnar

and what is your opinion, does it work inversely as well? From mobile to deskphone, are there in mobile client application park feature as well? We will try it, thanks a lot

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Mobile Twinning is a supported feature in 3CX.

Simply go to the extension you wish to have this feature in PBX and under:
    Extension >> Forwarding rules >> Options.

You will have a tick box for "Ring my mobile simultaneously" this will do the same thing.

Be aware of one thing however, as 3CX is a PBX based on Simultaneous calls and not users this feature would take up 2 x simultaneous calls.

Something to consider if you want this feature on all your extensions and you have a small SC count on your licence.

5. Laszlo Molnar

Thank you for your support, we will be aware this.
    It was clear for us, the simultaneous ringing works well. The question is, what will happen after than I am in a phone call? Can I tranfer this ongoing call from deskphone to my mobile when I want to go away? And can I transfer this phone call back to my deskphone when I come back to my desk?
    We plan to creat an extension team with my deskphone and my mobile. They will ring simultaneous and when I want to go, I can transfer the phone call to mobile. It is our plan

6. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Laszlo Molnar,

You could either follow voiptoys suggestion (park call, pick up the call from mobile) or you could also create 2 separate extensions (one for the phone and a second for the mobile) add them to a ring group with ring strategy = Ring All. Transfer the active call from one extension to another. Instead of using your current extension number use the ring group number.

7. Laszlo Molnar

Thanks a lot for your support, it helps us
    Helped us a lot in the competition to supported again the Grandstream phones. The smallest gigabit Grandstream phone is cost half price like the same Yealink, and there will be 250. So thank you to heard our voices ...

8. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to be of help.

9. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

I actually do a blind transfer to my own extension and it seems to work fine - at least going from the mobile app to the desk phone. Just make sure the extension allows multiple calls.

10. Laszlo Molnar

Than
    Thank you, we will try it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.