• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkD

Reaction score
Is there a setting on the server for the call volume? Whenever we call people, they say we come across very quietly and they too come across quietly to us even with our volume on max.

I know the speakers & mic are fine as call volumes in Skype are perfect so I'm guessing it has something to do with the 3CX PBX or the 3CX Phone, although, calls are also quiet via our Cisco handsets.

Any information appreciated.

How are calls being made? In other words, are you using Sip, PSTN, etc., and what device is your interface?

3CX is not able to adjust gain, but the interface by which calls are made may have such a setting. Gateways, as an example generally do have some settings so as to be able to accommodate a wide variety of line conditions.

All calls are done via SIP to an ADSL router that goes directly to our SIP supplier so that the internet can't drop the quality of the call.

So no gateways in the way to tweak :(

Well, not much that I can offer as it pertains to the Cisco phones. On the other hand, while Skype may be OK, there are settings that you may want to try with the 3CX softphone and your sound card settings, particularly mic/line in gain using the windows mixer console, the softphone adjustments. etc. so that at least it is optimized as much as possible. I assume that internal calls are reasonable. If you call yourself using the SIP lines, is it OK?

While Skype is OK, they usually have some form of a fine tuning set-up that can be run which automatically measures and configures your system's settings. I do not know that what constitutes an optimal setting for one application is necessarily the same for all other applications. You may have to find that happy medium. You might also contact your SIP provider as they may have some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.