Call waiting not working.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by richardsk, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardsk

I have installed the newest version of 3cx and updated my Fanvil X4G handsets with the latest firmware using 3CX administration console. We are using a patton analog 4114 FXO with 4 PTSN lines, when a extension receives a call from outside via the DID line in, extension user answers successfully, however when a call from outside comes in on the same number all the extension user hears while on another call is a beep, however there is no way to switch to this call, how can we accomplish this?

2. ppickens

Best thing to do in this case is to have the analog provider hunt the lines. So if line X is called when there is already and call on that line it will divert to line Y instead. All analog providers that I've worked with have this kind of service.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the call waiting signal is from your provider then to take the call would require a flash, something you cannot do through the PBX. I'm not aware of PSTN gateways that will do this. As mentioned, you are best off removing this feature, and making use of hunting, or a Call Forward Busy feature (to a second line), from your provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.