• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call waiting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

netswork

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I have a customer with 8 yealink phones and one inbound rule for a nexvortex voip connection that rings a ring all group.

The current problem is if they have more then one call ringing in at the same time the second call goes to the no answer ring settings. They have a high call volume so this happens multiple times a day.

They do not like call waiting because of the beep in the phone which they say cuts out their voice. They have yealink phones.

Is there a way to have call waiting (accept more than one call at a time) but turn off the beep notification?

I know the best option would be for them to use call queues but I will have to go down that road later. How does the prioritized hunt work? Does in ring the next phone after the "ring time" in seconds is met?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a way in the phone interface to disable the alerting tone for call waiting, this would solve their problem. I just cant find the corresponding section in the provisioning file to turn off the alert tone.

Where is it in the phone setup? I have someone at Yealink that has been pretty responsive to some questions as of late.

Billy - slumming again with Yealink I see. What model is it? Might it not be possible that if in the phone setting and not in the template that a re- or auto-provision might not over write your manual settings?

Larry - it sounds like that is what he is after - to put it in his config file so it doesn't get overwritten.

Ok, but I was thinking that if not in the template at all, why would it overwrite? The only reason to put it in a template is to ensure that in the event of a phone reset, the attribute does get written. The only question then becomes, how often do you actually reset back to factory? My assumption is based that the template is literal; meaning that a setting will not be touched if there is no mention of the attribute. I do not think it to be interpretive; meaning that if no attribute mentioned, then reset same to default.

On the t28 its under phone -- features in the web interface. Under general information there is "Call waiting" and "Call Waiting Tone".

lneblett said:
Billy - slumming again with Yealink I see. What model is it? Might it not be possible that if in the phone setting and not in the template that a re- or auto-provision might not over write your manual settings?

Ya this customer recently decided to buy Cisco SPA's so I will be replacing them soon, but im sure they will have the same question on the SPA's about the call waiting tone.

I found this section in the provisioning file...Havent had time to mess with it though.

[ Default ]
path = /config/voip/tone.ini
dial = 1
ring = 1
busy = 1
congestion = 1
callwaiting = 1
dialrecall = 1
record = 1
info = 1
stutter = 1
message = 1
autoanswer = 1

sorry for the late responses, I am still not getting notified of replies in the forums yet.

I see this in the T28 template in 3cx:
[ Features ]
path = /config/Features/Phone.cfg
Call_Waiting = 1
Hotlinenumber =
BusyToneDelay =
LCD_Logo =
DND_Code = 486
Refuse_Code = 486
DND_On_Code =
DND_Off_Code =
ButtonSoundOn = 1
CallCompletion = 0
AllowIntercom = 1
IntercomMute = 1
IntercomTone = 1
IntercomBarge = 1
Call_WaitingTone = 1
Hotlinedelay = 4
SendKeySoundOn = 1
BroadsoftFeatureKeySync = 0
PswPrefix =
PswLength =
PswDialEnable = 0
HistorySaveDisplay = 1
SaveCallHistory = 1
PswPrefix =
PswLength =
PswDialEnable = 0
HistorySaveDisplay = 1
SaveCallHistory = 1
ButtonSoundOn = 1

ClosePowerLight =
HideDTMF =
HideDTMFDelay =
DTMFRepetition =
ActionURILimitIP =

For the SPA phones, if you change the call waiting tone on the phones interface under regional to
1@-10;30(.3/9.7/1)
it will change the beep in your ear to a very very subtle beep. This is how I program all of my phones and have had no complaints.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.