Call Whisper

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlexHitchins, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexHitchins

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a call whisper in 3CX? For example, I have a 100 CLI DDI range where each line needs to be answered with a custom introduction ("thank you for calling company x", "Hello, you are through to company y enquiry line" etc.). I can’t see where this could be configured.

The preferred process is that the phone rings, is auto answered and a recorded message informs the operator the name of the line. The call is then put straight through and the operator greets the caller with the right welcome script.

Perhaps if this isn't possible there is another way the same result could be achieved?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The recordings could be accomplished by routing a call through an automated attendant, that then passes the call on without the callers intervention. The caller information could be added to call display depending on how your incoming calls are set up. Voice announce, of the caller information would not be possible without some sort of external device.

3. AlexHitchins

Thanks leejor,

The main thing that I need to ensure is that an operator answering the phone knows how to answer the call. That can be via a voice announce (ideal) or text on screen.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is one of the post regarding appending the Queue or Ring group name to caller ID.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/appending-ring-group-name-after-caller-id-8200.html

One problem that has come up however, is the limited number of characters available on some phone displays. This results in truncated names/numbers. If you are doing some testing of this, it might be an idea to keep the names short, until you are sure that a longer name won't result in missing information.

5. AlexHitchins

I'll check that link out and post back my findings - thank you so much for finding it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.