Call Wisper & Auto Answer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlexHitchins, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexHitchins

Hello All,

With the call centre edition, is it possible to have a 'whisper' enabled for certain DDI's? For an example, one site have around 100 incoming lines that are all branded differently. The whisper tells the agent how to answer the call, "Hello and welcome to the XYZ booking line" or "Welcome to Acme complaints line". Is there a way to facilitate this?

Also, I understand all the hunt group options but I can't see if there is a way to force the agent to take a call. By that I mean the agent hears a ring, hears the whisper then is delivered the call, not having an option to avoid answering the call for whatever reason.

All help greatly appreciated!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is no whisper type of function , but you can use the did masking to identify the campaign on the caller-id. Same functionality, just a different method. As far as forcing an agent to take a call, I am uncertain. You may need to be a little more explicit as it seems to me that a system can only direct a call to an extension based upon a set of rules. Getting someone to perform seems to be beyond the capabilities of the system if an agent refuses to do what is required.

3. AlexHitchins

Thanks for your reply. If I understand correctly, the system can't perform the whisper functionality however the incoming DDI can be identified and presented to the user in a way they can identify and answer accordingly.

Shame there is not auto answer functionality. I will have to see if this is something they could work without... I guess the best thing would be to fire up a test system and try it for real.

Many thanks for your reply.

Are there any other users of the call centre edition? I'd be interested to hear your feedback.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Correct for the I'D portion of your question. As far as an auto answer function, many phones have this as a feature, I am just not certain of its practical application in your particular situation. In essence, assuming the extension is logged in and capable of taking a call, any ring sent to that extension will cause the phone to answer. However, what happens with the call, now that the phone is off-hook and with a caller on the line is another story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.