Callback after blind transfer not answered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisD, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisD

Hello,
    I am trying to set up 3CX so that if someone makes a blind transfer to an extension and that extension does not answer the transfer then the call is sent back to the person who originally made the transfer.

I have set things up in Settings > PBX > Transfer Back on Busy. I note that (IIRC) in V14 the description said something along the lines of "Automatically transfers call back to blind transferer when destination is busy or not answered". It now says "Automatically transfers call back to blind transferer when destination is busy". This function works, if the extension is busy the call will ring for X seconds and then be transferred back to the transferer.

I specifically want the call to revert to the transferer if the call is not answered. Not only if the extension is busy.

Can anyone make any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks a lot,
    Chris.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey Chris,

Generally this feature was only ever meant to work when the destination extension was busy (I can't remember if the wording was different). One thing you could try as a small 'hack' is set the destination extension on the Available -> No Answer rule to "Disconnect Call".

That may work.

3. ChrisD

Thanks for the response, Nick. Unfortunately that didn't work for me. I have set unanswered calls to go to a priority queue called "NO ANSWER" and informed the staff of what it means. This will have to do as none of the other options available suit my needs.

Are users able to request features here? I might have a poke around for that. Although if it's not already in I suspect it's not in very high demand but I think it'd be crazy simple to implement. I mean, it's already there, just enable it for no answer.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.