Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Callback and dial by name same Queue?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Burns, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Burns

So I am in a situation where when someone enters a queue they have two options. Either press 2 for callback or press 9 for dial by name. Is this possible? Also we are having a problem where the customer waiting in the queue has to wait for the for the entire prompt before they are allowed to hit 2 for a callback.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Perhaps an IVR first - then if no response goto the Queue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kevin Burns

That could work. However if they are in the IVR and would like to initiate the callback from there, they won't be able to correct? They would have to wait to be transferred to the queue for the callback function to work.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If you are in Pro version - you might have to work with VAD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kevin Burns

I actually didn't know about that thanks. Based off my two minutes of looking it I assume I can just create your own Receptionist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.