Callback if busy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Frank D, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

is there a way to offer a "callback if busy" functionality for calls, especially internal ones?

If the callee is busy, the calling device shows an option to "callback". If you press "callback" the phone of the caller will ring, as soon as the callee is available again.

I read, that SNOM phones support it (via *66 dialcodes?), but I guess the pbx has to support it, too and I am on Yealink anyway.

Or has someone a solution that offers similar functionality. I know about the "auto redial" function, this one is not what I am looking for.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think Yealink phones have an "Auto-Redial feature that is nested in the Menu under Features -> Others -> Auto-Redial.

3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Nick,

thank you for you answer.
    I know about "auto-redial" I tried it and let some power users try it. It just auto redials several times. But this is more about getting on both the callers and the callee nerves, than helping anybody. The callee even might consider it very impolite, if you don't know it's automatic.

I am looking for a callback feature.

I guess the feature could be both implemented from on the phone (by using BLF infos of the pbx) or on the pbx, by initiating a new call as soon as the extension is available. Maybe via a voice prompt: "line is busy to initiate a callback, press 1"

Would be a great thing to have. The pbx might be able to do it for other lines, too, which are not monitored via BLFs, if the PSTN provider/connection supports this. ISDN had this kind of feature, too.

I have contacted Yealink, too.

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

The feature is already available and working just fine. I just want to share:
    On a Yealink you go Features->Others-> Call Completion->Enable
    more details here: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/597358 ... =95#manual
    features.call_completion_enable = 1

The phone will ask you whether you want to wait for the callee and if you click "OK" it will prompt you again as soon as the line is available. Works like a charm. I think it should be enabled by default in the template.

####Update: it's not working properly at the moment, more details in the Yealink forum######
    Second Update:
    One issue has already be fixed in a new firmware version, the second will be in the next firmware version:
    Update: Yealink has confirmed an issue with call completion stop working after some time (after each call to an external line, which is busy). It will be fixes with the next firmware version. Thanks a lot to the great support by the Yealink Team especially Edward and Travis.

######
    Augsut 2016 Update:

The issue is fixed in the most current firmware (T46-28.80.0.136.rom).
    This firmware is not official, but the official version will be available soon.

Thanks to the Yealink-Team
    Thanks Travis

5. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Frank D , in this condition who is send back message " if you want make callback press..."?

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

I am not sure if I get your question. Yes, the phone is asking if I want to " wait" on the other person and you have to press a key to confirm. It asks a second time as soon as the busy person is available and you have to confirm again.
    I am not in this office today, I may give you the exact text tomorrow, if you need it.

7. Frank D

Frank D New Member

It looks that the phone has to have the status info of the other (busy) extension, it is calling. We are just checking if the "publish presence status" is working for this.
    I can confirm that no BLF is necessary for this to work, but it seems to be working for some extensions and not for others at the moment.

8. Arek

Hello,
    What is the current status of the call back function ? Is it available ? Does it work properly ?

We recently switched from old Panasonic telephone system to the new 3CX one. As an administrator I appreciate the new solution. However, most users who don't understand how old and unreliable our infrastructure was, judge the whole implementiation by the functionality. The most what I hear is complaining that there is no call back function when they call internal.
    This function was available in Panasonic system. If the internal number was busy they could push the button call back and the system automaticallly set up a connection when someone finshed his call.
    Now they have to call and call again hoping that number is available.

Is there a chance for implementing this function in 3CX software?

We use 3CX software and Yealink (T23G, T46G) phones.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.