• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Callback is not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltifoski

New User
Reaction score
Dear,

I configured the callback im my queue, but this working only with internal calls (extension to extension). How to made to working with external calls?

Thanks.

Lucas Tifoski

Hello itifoski,

I just tried your scenario and works on my PBX. If your extension to extension scenario works that means you configured the queue correctly so please do check the following:

1. In your inbound rules check that you set the "Route calls to" to point on your Queue
2. In your outbound rules check that in "Calls from extension group(s)" you don't have any group(s) added.

What is the response you get when you call externally?

Thank you

Hello @IoannisM_3CX

My problem ys:

When i press 2, for callback function, i receive the message: you solicit callback for the number (inform number), press star to confirm, 0 for alter the number or pound to cancel. When i press star and the call is internal, the call finish and the callback working fine. But, when the call is external and i press star, the callback not working.

Can help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Lucas Tifoski

Hello ltifoski,

Please do supply me with more information. What i understood from your sayings is that externaly you enter the queue>>press 2(that means that callback works)>>press * and then you don't hear the message "an agent will contact you shortly".
Please also check if you have any prefix,strip or any other configurations in your outbound rules.
Also for debugging purposes, go to Queue>>Notifications and add an agent in the "Select queue manager extension number" (make sure you have given an email account to this is extension in your extension's general configuration) and then again in Queue>>Notifications>>Queue Email Notifications check "Notify Queue Manager when a Callback is made" ,"Notify Queue manager when a Callback fails" and "Notify Queue Manager when a Queue call is lost". Give it a try with this configuration and reply please.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello @IoannisM_3CX

I tried this way and received the following emails:

This callbaclk is internal and it worked (i hear the message "an agent will contact you shortly"):

Callback to number 4002 was requested from Queue 8010 by caller 4002
Caller: 4002
Queue: 8010 [Suporte]

This message is of the external call lost in queue:

Lost Call in Queue Suporte (8010) from Caller ID 111993229733

when is external call, i press 2 to calback, i hear the message of calback but i not hear the message "an agent will contact you shortly" and not receive the e-mail.

Can help me?

Thank you.

Lucas Tifoski

Lucas, can you check your Outbound Rules and check if any of them have the "Calls from Extensions" or Call from Extension Groups" filled in?

If yes, remove everything from those 2 fields.

This is the most common reason why Callbacks fail.

Hello @NickD_3CX

i not have any route with this. I made some changes, but the problem remains. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Lucas Tifoski

Then the next I would suggest is that you changing the logging level to Verbose from the options in the Activity Log, leave a Callback, and when it fails go back to the Activity Log and check the logs to see if there is any pointer as to why the call failed.

The problem may be that the format of the caller ID number, which is being used for call back, does not match an outbound rule. The logs should show if this is the case. If so, add a prefix to the caller ID, so that it matches a rule, or create an additional rule that matches the call back number.

Then the next I would suggest is that you changing the logging level to Verbose from the options in the Activity Log, leave a Callback, and when it fails go back to the Activity Log and check the logs to see if there is any pointer as to why the call failed.
how i mande this?

The problem may be that the format of the caller ID number, which is being used for call back, does not match an outbound rule. The logs should show if this is the case. If so, add a prefix to the caller ID, so that it matches a rule, or create an additional rule that matches the call back number.

I made this before, but not have results. The callback is not triggered because it does not appear in the call log.

I cant made the callback working :(

Can help me?

Thanks.

Lucas Tifoski

OK, could you:
  • Post a screenshot from your Callback settings
  • Post a screenshot from your Outbound Rules
  • Try leaving a callback using Option 0 where you manually enter the number you want to be called back to and tell us the number you left if it failed.

This is the calback configuration, i use #4 for outbound:

upload_2017-8-18_16-32-43.png

And this is my outbound roule for callback:

upload_2017-8-18_16-34-44.png

is this?

Thank you.

Lucas Tifoski

In the outbound rules, do you strip the 2 digits?

I didn't realise you could use # as a digit in the outbound rules. I was under the impression that it was strictly numeric.

Last edited:
In the outbound rules, do you strip the 2 digits?

Yes! i stripped the two digits more three digits that do not serve to make call, totaling 5 digits.
But my question is: why do not I hear the message that an agent will contact you? In internal calls I hear the message and the callback works.

upload_2017-8-18_16-56-18.png

I didn't realise you could use # as a digit in the outbound rules. I was under the impression that it was strictly numeric.

I use and work normaly in other roules.

the callback function does not work for me ....

3cx pro version 15.5.3849.1

Hello @ags

Are you getting an error? Can you enable the callback feature? Do you get the prompt when the callback is triggered?
In which point is it failing?

Hello @ags

Are you getting an error? Can you enable the callback feature? Do you get the prompt when the callback is triggered?
In which point is it failing?

Hello! I not received error! The callback not working when i enable the feature and not appear in the call log.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Lucas Tifoski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.