Callback Outbound Prefix

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Can someone explain the outbound prefix for the callback option please? Am I correct in assuming that I set an arbitrary number for the prefix, then create outbound rules that match that prefix, and then strip the prefix?

I currently have three main outbound rules (7, 10, and 11 digits) which do not prepend or strip any digits; the calls go outbound the same as they're dialed. Can I simply recreate these same outbound rules, but with the callback outbound prefix and then stripped? Will that make it work for any incoming number that needs to be called back, calling it back exactly as the CID came in?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @TSlocum

You are correct that you need to set an outbound rule that matches the prefix you set in the queue and then strip it. this will call back the number that requested the callback. The user that requested the callback will be prompted to verify the number he wants to receive the callback.

If you create 3 outbound rules all starting with the prefix you defined in the queue then this will always match the first outbound rule in the list. You can leave the prefix empty and the callback will match your existing outbound rules to call out or create a single rule that will strip the callback prefix and send the rest of the number as it came in the system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.