Callback when all agents are logged off

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tiago Martins, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiago Martins

Good afternoon, I was able to configure the callback in my queues, giving the client the option to type two, this perfect job, as soon as any agent finishes a call, it returns the client connection. However, it would need to work as follows:
    The client calls, and if no one is logged in, or missing status, etc., receives the callback option and after any agent logs in the queue, the callback is made. Any personal idea?

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Tiago Martins

There is a workaround for this. The issue here is to avoid ending the call when no agents are in the Queue. For this, you'll need to have a dummy extension as an agent of the Queue. Assuming you are using priority hunting, push the dummy extension down in the agents list so it won't be pulled when "real" agents are logged in the Queue.
    Now the "trick" here is that the dummy extension should always be registered and logged in the Queue. To achieve this, make sure that your dummy extension has enabled PUSH for smartphones and provision the extension to a smartphone(android/ios). Once it's registered, you can go ahead and remove the account from your smartphone. PBX will always consider the dummy extension as registered, since it is using PUSH.
    Now all left to do is to set the dummy extension to Available & logged in from Management Console >> Extensions >> Status
    With the above way, even if no "real" agents are in the Queue, the caller will be placed in Queue, with option to leave a call back and when real agents log in, they will receive the call.

As this is a work around, test it thoroughly before applying in production environment.
    A possible drawback with this approach, is that polls/calls to the dummy extension will reflect in the reports as well.

Alternatively, if you think that this is something that should be available as an, out of the box feature, feel free to post this as a feature request in the Ideas part of the Forum here https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/

3. Tiago Moraes

Hello I'm with another user and I'm @Tiago Martins, it worked and very well! Thank you ! Another question, is there a way to warn the agent that he is receiving a callback call, because he plays only one song while he calls the client, how can I put a message similar to this "call callback"?

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Tiago Martins

I'm afraid that this is not possible, as the music on hold will be heard in this case. But you can differentiate a normal call from a call back, as a normal call will have the caller in line when answered while in a call back you will hear the music on hold until the customer answers the call.

You can post this however as a feature request in the Ideas part of the Forum in order to be considered for implementation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.