• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CallByName Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathewMoore

Customer
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the call by name feature on the digital receptionist not working.
I installed a 3cx system yesterday, added extensions, phones etc, added a menu, and configured option 5 for callbyname.
When I call into the tree, I get the "Press the first three letters of the last name" prompt, but when I type in the last 3 letters of the surname of the person attached to a known extension, I receive an "Extension not found" reply.
This is the third 3cx system I have installed, and this feature works perfectly on the other two.
I'm running version10, sp3. Small business edition, registered. I have gone through the usual, checked repeatably for self-induced stupidity :), re-started all services, added new extensions to test.. No luck.
Any assistance or thoughts before I uninstall and re-install would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mat

is the mailbox setup with a name in it? normally it will not be found unless the mbx is setup.

Thx for the reply. I appreciate it.
I assume your talking about the voicemail box. Yes vm is configured, even called the extension, and it correctly transfers the call to the appropriate vm.
This is quite unusual. I have no idea how to troubleshoot. Any further thoughts would be welcomed :)

Thx again,

Regards,

Mat

MathewMoore said:
Thx for the reply. I appreciate it.
I assume your talking about the voicemail box. Yes vm is configured, even called the extension, and it correctly transfers the call to the appropriate vm.
This is quite unusual. I have no idea how to troubleshoot. Any further thoughts would be welcomed :)

Thx again,

Regards,

Mat

You need to set "self identification message" for extensions.
Call by name ignores extension if it does not have "self identification message".

Reactions: redbudindustries
You need to record a name for each extension explicitly through voice-mail menu, otherwise it will not work (option 9 - 5). The recorded name is not related to keypad dialing but may be used in greeting like: 'You've reached the voice-mail of: recorded_name'.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Reactions: redbudindustries
Thanks guys.
That fixed it. And yes, it is in the manual, and yep, I did miss reading it :)
I appreciate the fast and accurate response.

Regards,

<at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.