called nos directly in your phonebook

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Joepie, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joepie

Is there a way to put called (and received) numbers directly in your phonebook, like you can with most mobilephones?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    If that means to automatically - with no user interaction - add an established call to the phonebook, then the answer is no, this feature is not implemented. If that means to let user add these calls, yes, it is implemented: open the answered or dialed lists, then click on the image, it will direct you to the phonebook to add or edit this contact.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joepie

Not quite clear what I have to do
    First I rightclick in the screen of the 3CX
    Then I lefclick the icon of Calls
    In the next screen I click Dialled.
    A list of dialled no's appears, about four of them in rectangular coloured boxes.
    The only thing I can do then is leftclicking on one of those boxes and 3CX starts calling.
    With rightclicking you see the phone display.

So: what do i do wrong?

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you click the box, phone will dial its number; if you click the image, you will be directed to add it to the phonebook, or to edit it if is already added.
    Please read also this:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-phone-improve-phonebook-14503.html#p82708

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Joepie

The image. To subtle for me. Thanks.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

:mrgreen: Perhaps in the future we will add a small "icon" on the image, something like Window's shortcut mark, for edit or adding respectively, because indeed now isn't very obvious.
    Regards
    vali

7. francks

I think that rather than reinvent the wheel, it would be a lot better if you shipped the TAPI interface that comes with 3CXAssistant and let Outlook manage the address book. Is there a reason other than commercial why you won't do that?

8. Joepie

Thanks for the tip, but where can I find this Assistant, only using the free 3CXPhone?

9. francks

The assistant comes with the full 3cxphonesystem. I did download it but could not make it work with the free version. I don't think it works :roll:

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

None of my machines has Microsoft Outlook installed - so should 3CXphone's installer displays "In order to work properly, 3CXPhone requires Microsoft Outlook. Installer will now exit"? If integration with Outlook is required, then use 3CX Call Assistant.

On the other hand, we don't have to "reinvent the wheel", since TAPI driver is also a 3CX product, and has been part of the old Voip Client, long before 3CXPhone and 3CX Assistant.

11. francks

I agree it's nice to have an alternative for users without Outlook. Are you saying that since I have Outlook installed the TAPI driver should work? It does not for me. When I installed the VOIP client the driver was not present so I went on and installed the 3CX Assistant which in turn installed the driver. However when dialing from Outlook it would not do anything.

Did I do something wrong?

12. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

No, you did OK, only the TAPI driver support is available only for Assistant. It was available int the old, discontinued - since almost two years - softphone 3CX Voip Client, then has been improved and added to the newly created Call Assistant, and not being integrated also into newly created 3CXPhone. This was, indeed, a marketing decision. Regardless, we created for 3CXPhone its own address book, obvious not so powerful as Outlook's one, but quite OK as functionality.
    Regards
    vali

13. Joepie

Ok, thanks, discussion closed for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.