Caller Blacklist issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mark koskey, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark koskey

I am having an issue with my blacklist for bogus caller is not working correclty. I performed a SIP trace from 3CX and this is what I see. It seems like it bypasses the blacklist check altogether?

I did insert my number and it blocks it fine. But with Anonymous, 888-xxx-xxxx (or any toll numbers) it always seems to let them through. I have attached a trace form an 888 number that should have been blocked the number is 8888606650.

Any ideas would be grealty appreciated. I have part of the list of my blacklist below to show how I am trying to block 888 numbers from coming in.
    upload_2017-9-13_13-28-5.png

Attached Files:

2. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

What about a CID filter for 888 numbers to just drop the call?

3. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mark koskey

If i understood well what you are trying to do, is to blacklist any incoming calls starting with 888 using wildcards. Using the * wildcard after a prefix like in your case 888 can be done by entering the prefix and then a single * only, like this: 888* . This tells the PBX to drop any incoming calls that start with 888 no matter what are the rest of the digits. The * start wildcard is used ones and it means that it will catch any digits from that point and beyond.
    I will be waiting for your feedback.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.