Caller disconnected when Dial by Name returns more than 9 results.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by qsource, Nov 2, 2016.

1. qsource

Can we have this produce a different result? Currently if you have more than 9 responses from a dial by name query, it just hangs up on the caller. At least point it back to the IVR or allow the admin to point it to a ring group so that caller doesn't get hung up on.

I searched the forum and did not see anything that pertains to this. If there already is something about this on the forum, please direct me there so I can up vote it please.

Thank you.

2. briankayser

Have you tried changing the Parameter "CALLBYNAME_MINLEN" from 3 to 4? With so many similar names this seems the way to go.

Unfortunately (at least in v14 where I tested this) the voice-prompt still asks for the first 3, but it will wait until you dial 4 if you change the setting. So you'd have to record your own USER_NAME (UserName.wav) in SYSTEM PROMPTS to ask them to enter the first 4 letters...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. qsource

I appreciate the reply, however there are over 1700 extensions on the phone system. There are 27 people named smith. Even with 4, it's still too many returns. There are 7 or 8 last names that have more than 10 people on the return list. I would just like it if the system did not hangup on the caller.

4. briankayser

Those dang Smith's anyway!!

I can see the dilemma.

Is this on v15?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. qsource