Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller disconnected when Dial by Name returns more than 9 results.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by qsource, Nov 2, 2016.

1. qsource

Can we have this produce a different result? Currently if you have more than 9 responses from a dial by name query, it just hangs up on the caller. At least point it back to the IVR or allow the admin to point it to a ring group so that caller doesn't get hung up on.

I searched the forum and did not see anything that pertains to this. If there already is something about this on the forum, please direct me there so I can up vote it please.

Thank you.

2. briankayser

Have you tried changing the Parameter "CALLBYNAME_MINLEN" from 3 to 4? With so many similar names this seems the way to go.

Unfortunately (at least in v14 where I tested this) the voice-prompt still asks for the first 3, but it will wait until you dial 4 if you change the setting. So you'd have to record your own USER_NAME (UserName.wav) in SYSTEM PROMPTS to ask them to enter the first 4 letters...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. qsource

I appreciate the reply, however there are over 1700 extensions on the phone system. There are 27 people named smith. Even with 4, it's still too many returns. There are 7 or 8 last names that have more than 10 people on the return list. I would just like it if the system did not hangup on the caller.

4. briankayser

Those dang Smith's anyway!!

I can see the dilemma.

Is this on v15?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. qsource