Caller Display Lookup from Company Phonebook ???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by roycruse, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roycruse

Hi

It was my understanding that a feature of version 10 of 3CX was that incomming external calls would get looked up in the company phone book and the caller name would be displayed.

This is not happening and was wondering if there was anything else I need to do to enable it.

I have a 32 channel enterprise installation with Yealink T26P phones.

2. Chalky

Hi,

Yes they do and it works perfectly on my phone. Bear in mind though that the number needs to exactly match the incoming number (by default). So, if you have a prefix for outgoing numbers, for example 9, and you have put that prefix in your company address book, it isn't going to exactly match.

For example:

Dial 9 prefix used.

UK Sheffield number in the address book is:

When the number calls, 3CX will see it as 01142123456 and not 901142123456 and therefore will only display the number.

There is a setting in Settings -> General -> Global Options that allows you to adjust this behaviour called Caller ID and Phonebook matching:

[​IMG]

It allows you to match part (or most) of the number starting from the end. This should allow the desired behaviour.

3. roycruse

Thankyou...

I feel very stupid now - despite looking for an option I never discovered that.

Its now turned on and working

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If set to match on the last 10 digits, you will have a better chance of it picking up the name no matter the prefix, depending on how digits are sent in your area.

5. roycruse

Yes that's what I've done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.