Caller doesn't get "calling-waiting-tone"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MojoDK, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MojoDK

Hi,

When my customer is calling then they get no calling-waiting-tone before the get the "Welcome to...".

Problem is that 3CX can vary from 2 seconds till 8 seconds before the "Welcome to..." and that period is totaly quit, so caller doesn't know if he's through to us or not.

Any idea how to "tell" him he's in our PBX with a "calling-waiting-tone"?

Thanks!

8)
    Mojo

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

We have seen this situation before.

The problem is that the call has been "answered" by 3cx but the ivr hasnt started up and delivered the audio. This is more likely for less busy environments.

The ivr is hosted in the web server and web servers have idle timeouts and also worker process refreshes. By default they are usually low periods so if your ivr is not used much (eg every 30 minutes) it can go idle or refresh (basically go into standby mode) and so needs to come alive first before it can deliver the audio next time. This is often the delay you mention.

Sometimes the delay is down to the poor performance of the hardware to be able to deliver the audio fast enough - though i dont know your specs.

If you are hosting in IIS make sure you have a dedicated app pool for the 3cx and change the defaults (especially the idle period and most importantly the worker process recycle - make it 25 hrs (1500)).

If you are using the abyss server, I am sorry but i have not looked into that yet so cannot tell you the settings. We use the new microsoft iis "express" for small setups that dont have a server (e.g. Windows vista or 7) that was released not long ago as we can use our automated monitoring toolsets to managed this for our customers so never use abyss.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.