Caller ID Across Bridges

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

Anyone setup bridges using no prefix ID on the bridge?

I have 6 locations each with bridges to the other sites. my extensions are 11xx 12xx 13xx etc.

I have outbound rules going to each one, not stripping digits...everything is great....except since upgrading to v12 sp3.

Now calls across my bridges are getting 1 digit stripped in caller ID. so a call from 1234 looks like it comes from 234 instead. I designed the extensions and dial plan so we would not need prefixes to keep things simple for the users. Support is saying I need to use a prefix and having no prefix on the bridge is not allowed. It obviously works except for this CID issue. Anyone ran into this?

I created a new test bridge with a prefix of "1" with no digit striping on my outbound rule. My hope is the bridge adds this prefix 1 to callerID....waiting for the customer to test to see if this works or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

that is too bad. we have 1 bridge... and had presence before... now suddenly my license is a STANDARD license and I no longer have it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

ya you need the Professional license to get presence now.

Are you using a prefix on your bridge configuration?

4. craigreilly

we are. it is the location id. and the location has 2 digit extensions...

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

so they dial 3 digits to get across the bridge? That works when I do it that way its just the bridge prefix is included in the callerID...I really dont want to have to train 100+ users that now they have to add a digit in front of the extension when calling the other locations.

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

3cx support said they tested my scenario in v12 sp4 and caller ID is working correctly...so now time to upgrade again i suppose.

7. craigreilly

I had to change mine to a 1 (in the bridge setup) to get the caller id to show up right... it seemed to be working fine in alpha or beta 1 or something... not a big deal because we are not dealing with presence across bridge anymore since they yanked that from under my feet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.