Caller ID based on country dialed, otherwise use default Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by big.LITTLE, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big.LITTLE

Hi,

As mentioned in the title, is it possible to achieve now with v15 SP3?

So We have multiple DID numbers for country A, B and C.

Is it possible for my clients if they dial number with prefix country A (e.g +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx) then 3CX will use USA Caller ID.

Then if they dial number with prefix country B (e.g +64-xx-xxx-xxx) then 3CX will use NZ Caller ID.

And if no rule specified, then 3CX will use Default Caller ID (for example if dialling to Country C or Z which has no specific Caller ID setup.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi big.LITTLE,

With 2 Trunks or more this would be possible, as you can select which Trunk you re going to use with a prefix, then for each Trunk have the default Caller ID you want to present. In order to have multiple caller id's more than one trunks is required. Kindly review the following link which has such an example: https://www.3cx.com/docs/multiple-outbound-caller-ids/

What you can do, with only 1 SIP Trunk present, is assign to each extension one specific DID for Outbound calls.

Please note that these changes are VoIP provider specific.

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Take a look at our new VoIPTools add-on "3CX Caller ID" which will allow you to do precisely that.

1. Select the desired country
    2. It changes your outbound caller ID
    3. Place the phone call
    4. Reverts your caller ID back to your default.

It is available now https://www.voiptools.com/product/3cx-caller-id-new/

Keep in mind that it's not limited just to the desired country. For example, if you make calls in behalf of your customer, you can set your caller ID to the phone number of your customer. It's up to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 voiptoys, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    big.LITTLE likes this.
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

5. big.LITTLE

Hi @apostolis_3CX,
    We are using one SIP trunk with multiple DDIs (for the countries)
    Do you think there is a way to achieve this?

6. big.LITTLE

@voiptoys: thank you for your input, but buying a new subscription is not a viable option for us.

@leejor: I'll keep eye on that. Hopefully it will be implemented soon.

Cheers!

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Hi big.LITTLE. The only way to send a different caller ID over the same trunk is to assign the caller ID to the extension before placing the call. I can't think of any other way, and I've asked around with some of the best 3CX engineers I know. I can't see any way to do it without a 3rd party tool, or if 3CX makes some changes to the PBX.

big.LITTLE likes this.
  8. big.LITTLE

Hi @voiptoys, much appreciated for your reply. Yeah I'm thinking the same, so in this situation we'd have to re-assign CID each time the extension wants to call different country.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the meantime...

If you had a set with multiple line keys, each assigned to a different extension number, then you could use a particular key when calling a certain country, as each could have a different outgoing CID assigned.

big.LITTLE likes this.
  10. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Leejor, I'm not following your suggestion. How does the BLF change your outbound caller ID assigned to your extension? Yes, you could create a CFD application that uses the Call Control API to change your extension's caller ID. But that doesn't scale very well if you have more than a couple of DIDs you need to switch between. Maybe I'm missing something? If you can explain your idea further? Otherwise we already a great tool for this exact purpose.

11. big.LITTLE

12. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Hummmm... use multiple lines? You can apply a default caller ID to a SIP trunk. If you have multiple SIP trunks, each with their own default Caller ID, and your extensions DON'T have a caller ID configured, then the call would use the caller ID of the SIP trunk used. But a BLF (line key) isn't going to know what trunk to use, is it? It's just going to send the call to the outbound rules and the outbound rules are going to determine what SIP trunk is used. After a very long day already, my brain can't see how assigning line keys to a BLF is going to help. But maybe my assumptions about how "multiple lines" is implemented is incorrect. I'm not trying to be picky, I'm just trying to make sure I'm not missing a solution. I'll shut up and listen.

13. big.LITTLE

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have a set with 3 line keys. Each is a different extension number. In the extension settings, you can assign each a different Caller ID to be displayed on outside calls (this should override the CID normally sent on the trunk, but, some outgoing trunk settings may need to changed).

You would select a key, to call out, depending on what CID you wished to send. So.. you could label each key with a country name to remind the user which key to use.

It's a work-around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.