• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinBonin

Reaction score
I have some questions related to Caller ID and Names.

I am able to specify the outbound caller ID number I want via 3CX, but no name shows up, and I don't see where to specify the name. Is that something that the phone company sets?

Also, inbound calls seem to only show the number and not the name. Is that a setting I need to activate somewhere?

Are your calls going via a VoIP provider or an ATA? I'm sort of assuming VoIP provider as you indicate that you can send out a (different?) number. Name display can be tricky depending on how your provider and the far end handles it.

Are you paying to see incoming name display? Sometimes it requires an additional fee. The 3Cx server log will show the name along with the number of an incoming call if it is being sent to you.

Does your provider allow you to send a name? If you call someone locally what shows up in place of the name? Private, Blocked, Unavailable?

I'm assuming that you are in North America as most other areas don't support or provide name display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.