Caller ID by destination within same trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Baguk, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baguk

Dear All,

I'm just migrating from other PBX (asterisk based) to 3CX. However, I'm missing a very important feature, how to set a different caller ID by destination using the same trunk? To be more specific: we have a trunk, which coveres our destination in multiple countries, so we have this as a trunk in 3CX (single registration). When we place a call to our customer in Germany +49xxx, we need to set Caller ID to German (DIDs we own, but from different provider). When we call our customers in Austria - same, we need to set our Caller ID to +43xxx. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find this in 3CX, as Caller ID modifications are defined by trunk and extensions, but not a destination.

Would somebody advice how to achive this? It would be pitty, when cheapy PBX can do it without any issues, but 3CX couldn't.

Thanks a lot!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This has been a requested as a feature a number of times. I'm not certain if it has, or will be, implemented in V15.I would probably have to be incorporated into the outbound rules, which might create other issues for some users. I think that, at this point, you would have to originate the call from a second extension appearance on the set , to send a different CID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.