Caller id does not displays time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gecko, Sep 18, 2007.

1. gecko

Called id does not displays time

Caller id works fine showing number and name (if used by extension) but time is reseting to 01/01/XXXX an 00:00 every time the phone is ringing (for internals and inbound calls). I tried 2 different called ids and worked the same. I can think that server is responsible for sendig time of the call so where exacly is the ploblem assuming that 3cx server is able to comperhend time in id.

2. Urbok

Urbok New Member

please describe the phone type and publish server log.

3. gecko

I don't think server log could be useful it is as it should be!
    Has anybody faced the same problem :?:
    Using sip pc client works fine because I think It captures pc time and not called id time.
    I'm using a Cisco ATA 186 analog adapter but I can't find a setting about caller id :!:
    Any help is useful :!:

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Given that publishing logs is a simple cut & paste exercise the potential gain is far greater than the effort.

I use PAP2 ATAs and time on analog phones is controlled by time server entry on the PAP2. Never paid attention to the softphones but will now :oops: . Not familar with the Cisco ATA but maybe it has provision for time server entry?

5. gecko

20:22:09.749 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp [CM104007] Call(66): Call from Ln:10000@i-Call to 100 has been terminated by Ln:10000@i-Call; cause: CANCEL; from IP:213.5.43.134
    20:22:00.566 CallConf::eek:nProvisional [CM103003] Call(66): Ext.001 is ringing
    20:22:00.185 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(66): Incoming call from 697XXXXXX5 (Ln:10000@i-Call) to sip:XXXXX@213.5.43.134

these 3 lines appear on log during inbound call
    time on server is displayed fine as I can see

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

OK. FINE. YOU WIN :lol: . Publishing the logs were useless. I actually just meant that is was easier to just post them than to chat back-forth whay they should not be published. As I am right here displaying the waste of effort :lol: .

What about the ATA? Any time server field? Since you said PC client works fine then ATA would be the next stop since I am fairly sure 3CX doesn't sync time.

7. gecko

That's what I am trying to do. Set the time on ATA and forget about caller id time from server. If someone from knows if 3CX server sends time in caller id would be helpful or someone familiar with Cisco ATA 186 :!:
    Thank you :!:

8. gecko

Time problem Solved using a network time server on ATA (NTPIP) and setting my Time zone :!: I think 3CX Server is not designed to send time in caller id.