Caller ID empty when inboud rule forwards to external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael Torfs, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Torfs

If have an inbound rule for a specific DID configured to forward to an external number outside office hours.

The forward works perfect. Only the external number does not receive a caller id.

When I call from an extension in the PBX to the same external number I do get a caller id on the external number.

Our extensions have no caller id's configured. Only our trunks (we have 2) each have a caller id.

The forward to external number uses 1 of the 2 trunks, but the configured caller id of this trunk does not show on the mobile phone of this number.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

who is your provider? likely a configuration issue on the trunk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The fact that this is happening, suggests to me, that your provider does not like the caller Id number that is being sent, when you forward a call, so it prevents any number from being called.

As a quick test, before speaking to your provider.... put a number in against one extensions Caller ID (something other than the main trunk number) . Is this sent correctly when calling out? If so, then you know that your provider allows you to send something, other than your "main" numbers, assigned to you by them.

If they do allow this, then a trunks setting may need to be "adjusted".

#3 leejor, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.