Caller ID for Outbound calls setting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by XcamaroX, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XcamaroX

I have about 10 extensions and I would like ALL of them to carry/show our company name when calling to external numbers.

I have tried to tinker with the parameters, but I do not get to be succesful with them.

Where do I have to go for ALL of our extensions to carry our company name when dialing out? Is it at the VoIP privder, our PBX or both?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. jem1

This is always your phone carrier. The only thing your PBX has to do with it on SIP is setting the caller ID you want in the trunk itself or setting the caller ID phone for each extension.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have seen the name delivered to a called party from 3CX (a device or extension name), but, it must be allowed by your provider.

#3 leejor, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

If your provider lets you send the name, then you can easily set it up in 3cx. We can send our own name here, so we do this all the time.
    Usually it's in the SIP trunk / outbound parameters and the "From : Display name" and/or "remote party id - calling party:Display name" that gets changed to Custom Field and you put in the name you want to display for outbound calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.