• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID for Outbound calls setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

XcamaroX

Reaction score
I have about 10 extensions and I would like ALL of them to carry/show our company name when calling to external numbers.

I have tried to tinker with the parameters, but I do not get to be succesful with them.

Where do I have to go for ALL of our extensions to carry our company name when dialing out? Is it at the VoIP privder, our PBX or both?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This is always your phone carrier. The only thing your PBX has to do with it on SIP is setting the caller ID you want in the trunk itself or setting the caller ID phone for each extension.

I have seen the name delivered to a called party from 3CX (a device or extension name), but, it must be allowed by your provider.

Last edited:
If your provider lets you send the name, then you can easily set it up in 3cx. We can send our own name here, so we do this all the time.
Usually it's in the SIP trunk / outbound parameters and the "From : Display name" and/or "remote party id - calling party:Display name" that gets changed to Custom Field and you put in the name you want to display for outbound calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.