Caller ID for Outgoing Calls via Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by activeserve, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. activeserve

For some reason the outgoing calls via voicemail are passing the caller ID of the incoming caller instead of the PBX's main number.

Aside from lower long-distance rates, one of the main reasons for using this feature is to "mask" your mobile number so clients think you are actually calling from your business location.

For example:

I call in to PBX
    dial 9999
    enter extension credentials
    choose option to dial out
    enter external phone number
    my mobile phone number is passed in the caller ID, but I actually want the PBX's main number to be passed

Is there a setting for this?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. activeserve

Also noticed we are having the same issue with the "Rebound" (option to accept). If someone calls my extension and the system forwards to my mobile, I am seeing the caller ID of the actual caller instead of the caller ID of my main PBX number.

This is redundant since the "Rebound" feature tells me the caller ID of the caller when I pick up the phone and then gives me the option to accept or send to voicemail. It is important for me to know it is a call coming from the PBX as opposed to just a random number which I may or may not pick up.

Is this a setting that can be changed?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I am one of the people that wanted the caller's caller ID to come through on Rebound but I completely agree that it should be an option, not one or the other. I do not give out my cell phone number so basically any call directly to my cell phone (except for a very very small number of friends and family who will show in caller ID) I know must be coming from my phone system.

4. activeserve

The bigger concern is actually when you dial out from your voicemail prompt. It should mask your mobile number and show the company's main number.

This should definitely be an option.

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I completely agree, the number you called in on should never be passed through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.