Caller ID from PSTN->SPA3201->3CX->PAP2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gnaffs, Dec 28, 2007.

1. gnaffs

Hi

When i am receiving an incomming call on the PSTN line, the right CID is showing up on my phone for a couple of seconds, but it is then replaced by the internal extension of the PSTN line i set up in 3CX (10000). How do i do to keep the right CID and avoid that it is beeing replaced by the internal extension?

Best Regards

Krister

2. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

This i also want to know, another thing is that if i get a call from PSTN and answer on one phone it shows the right CallerID then when i transfer the call to another phone i got the CallerID from that extension and not the PSTN number its that right? or thats how its supposed to be?

3. Wardy

Wardy New Member

Has anyone found an answer to this because I am getting the same

4. Henk

Henk Member

Re CLID, you have to make sure that the time between the call comming in and the phone ringing is not to short.

CLID is carried by DTMF and needs BellCore to work, if the time between ringing and call incomming is to short than it does not work.

Re transfer
    when you transfer an outside call from one extension to the other it is common practise that the extension shows as the caller ID. That is how it supposed to work as that is the caller, after you accept the call I would expect to see the CLID of the outside party.

H.

5. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

The problem is that when i accept the call it still shows the extension number not the PSTN number.