Caller ID in Ports/Trunks Status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ITWorks, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

Could anyone tell me the field 3CX is using to display the caller ID on the Ports/Trunks Status page? My V10 installation displays the outgoing caller ID as the Virtual Extension number and it would be more beneficial to display the Outbound Caller ID configured in the extension settings.
    Thanks, Mark

Attached Files:

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused. What exactly is your question?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

Thank you for your interest. On the Ports/Trunks Status page in 3CX outgoing calls are displaying the Virtual Extension Number in the Caller ID column rather than the actual extension number or the caller ID set in the extension settings. For example in my screenshot the outgoing call from one of the extensions shows 10007 rather than the caller ID or extension number. Displaying the extension would seem to be much more useful. My thought was the caller ID information might be coming from one of the Outbound Parameter settings for the trunk and if I knew which one, I could modify it to display the extension or caller ID.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

go to 3cx console---> ports/Trunk status--->double click on each port/trunk and you will be able to edit outbound caller ID to show whatever number you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

Thanks for the reply, but that seems to set a single caller ID for all outgoing calls on that trunk. I have 100 extensions. I would like to see what extension is making the call. Now I just see the virtual extension ID, which is always the same no matter what extension is making the call. Am I missing something?

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.