Caller ID Info missing from call logs?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by time299, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. time299

Let me start by saying 3CX is an amazing product and I love it.
    I have some issues that I think need some attention.

I am paying my SIP provider for Caller ID look up's and everything is working properly. When a call comes in and I am at my desk I see the Caller ID name and number in the windows (pop up) of who is calling, but if I miss the pop up or am not at my desk for a min and I miss the call, when I return to my desk and look in 3CXPhone for Windows call logs I see that I missed 3 calls (see first screen shot) and only the phone numbers are displayed, no Caller ID info is displayed. If I click on one of the missed calls in the log thinking I could get more info, I go to a screen with less information just the number twice and the option to delete it (see middle screen shot). If they happen to leave a message then I can see the Caller ID info in the (voice mail) screen for that call (see last screen shot). As for the other 2 calls I missed Caller ID info has vanished and is no longer accessible anywhere.

I have taken some screen grabs (all images on the left) and made some notes on them so you can see what I am talking about.
    I have also mocked up what I would expect to see in a normal call log (all images on the right) and a few other suggestions for clarity.

Missed Call Log Screen
    [​IMG]

Missed Call Log Details Screen
    [​IMG]

Voice Mail Screen
    [​IMG]

Thanks for you time and consideration,

Jeff

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Good ideas, but this is the place to submit then...

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php

3. time299

I posted here because it's not really a new feature request. It's to point out that the caller ID information is missing from the call log page. I have never in my life seen a phone where the call log striped out the Caller ID and just showed the Number even cheapest land line / cell phones show Caller ID in the missed call log.

I have tried to post this to the page you mentioned, but I see no way to log in or create an account on that page. Can someone tell me how to post a feature request. I feel stupid asking but I am a web designer and can't see any way to post on that page. It appears as if the only way to login is through Facebook Linked or Twitter? I have a 3CX account and a Forum account here but that's not letting me into post a feature request?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, that other than, for the most part, North America, name display (from a provider) is a rare feature. Even within NA, if you are not with a "major" provider, you don't always get all the name you think you should. Many out-of area number simply have the State or Province as the name attached. Mobile callers, simply have a name signifying that the call is from a "cell Phone". While you can attach names to number in the 3CX directory there may not be enough of a benefit for the (majority?) of users in regions that don't provide name display, to warrant the changes at this time. For those without Name Display, there would have to be a way to enable, or disable the changes you suggest, or many calls may simply show as "unknown" on the device display taking up space that could be used for the number alone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.