• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch6

Reaction score
The 3cx client only displays the extension number, or, if there is an external inbound call it only reports the phone number.
It’s really strange. I tried using x-lite instead and it displays the correct caller id for both internal and external calls. Btw, im using the latest version of the client. Also, for testing porpuses, I went to file->preferences->checked notify external program-> I selected notepad with %callid%. In effect, when a call is received it displays the callerid parameter as a number instead of a name, which coincides with the first sentence of the post.

I have also been wondering the same thing with the 3CX client, why is the "Caller Name" not being displayed along with the callers phone number on inbound calls? Is the callers name supposed to be displayed when the 3CX client triggers an inbound call popup?

Thanks for the responses. I'm glad that I'm not the only who is experiencing this. However, the lack of caller id isn't just limited to the pop-up. The actually 3cx client only displays the number as well.

Right, the "Callers Name" is not even being displayed on the 3CX Client's call popup. An incoming call notification is far more useful in a business environment when both the caller name & phone number is being displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.