• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID issues when transfering to outside number

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFreid

Reaction score
We use 3cx here at my company with voip.ms as the VOIP provider.

I've set up a Digital receptionist that goes to two queues. When the queues reach the end of the maximum queue hold time, they are set up to forward to an outside number (cell phones)

When a person calls into the queue, their phone number shows up on the desk phone (or in the 3CX smartphone) but when it is then forwarded to a cell phone, it shows as either "1" or "Unavailable" on the caller ID on the Cell.

Can anyone help me "forward" the caller ID appropriately? Is this possible?

Thanks!

Mark F

There may be some options that require "tweaking", or it may be that your provider does not permit this.

As a quick test, set-up an extension with the option "ring my mobile at the same time". Put in the mobile number, and confirm that there is a method that an outside caller can reach that extension number directly (DID?). Call the extention from an outside number...what number shows up on the mobile phone?

I checked that option on my own extension (which has a DID that goes to it), and had a co-worker dial the DID. On my desk phone it displayed correctly, but on my cell phone it displayed my extension.

Is the number to display field left empty, in the 3CX extension settings? That will tend to "override" other numbers.

I went through an issue when trying to get the original callers number to pass through to my mobile. Apparently the settings I had to use were not the same ones that others had work for them. I'm not sure if this will help, but worth a read.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/caller-id-not-being-passed-onto-mobile-40795.html

Indeed it will depend on your trunk's features. Ours effectively passes "our" number to a forwarded call for our on-call (yep, with call confirm). While I "might" want to know who is calling, I personally found I preferred seeing the work number instead.. so I could set a custom ring tone, override quiet hours, etc.

If you overtweak, understand that the forwarded calls may end up blocked with a 4xx/5xx response to the INVITE at the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.