Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Caller ID Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by autimis, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autimis

Greetings,
    We have deployed a 3CX phone system recently and have been having much trouble with the Outbound CallerID Functions. We are using the latest version of 3CX and an Vega SIP Appliance. The issue we are having is that the outbound caller id is not being passed from 3CX to the Vega, so the VEGA is assigning one. Here is what I have tried

Changing each extension's Caller ID in the SIP field and Outbound caller ID.
    Changing the rules for the extensions to force the external caller ID to be the number
    Setting the Outbound rule above all other rules. (It is my understanding they are linear)

I attempted to contact the Vender of the 3CX package we bought but we really haven't got a good response to fix it. I have been looking around on the forums here and can not really find a good solution or a guide of steps to follow.

Can someone chime in and give us a list of things to try? Preferably in order of operations of the 3cx Server? We are really looking forward to any help we can get.

2. jasit

jasit New Member

Is it a sip to PSTN device? most analog phone lines have a forced outbound caller id, it is handled by the Telco.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It appears the Vega make a number of devices, but I'm not certain about a gateway "assigning" a caller ID. Is it one (the caller ID number) that is supplied by your provider?

You will need to provide a bit more information about what type of trunking you are going out on.

4. autimis

Its a VEGA 200 and its a SIP gateway device. It takes the SIP and converts it to a PRI block of numbers. It has 4 lines in it and it follows the SIP directions given by 3cx to convert from Digital to Analog PRI. It receives this information via Network.

We have a block of numbers and it is picking the first one because the information passed in the SIP packet is not correct. It is the name of the extension, not the Caller ID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.